Smoked-Salmon Ribbon Sandwiches
Yield: 30 sandwiches Prep 45 mins
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 ounces smoked salmon, chopped
- 1 tablespoon heavy or whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup firmly packed watercress leaves
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 15 slices very thin whole wheat bread
- 10 slices very thin white bread
- 4 tablespoons butter (no substitutions), softened
DirectionsMake Smoked-Salmon Filling::
1. Puree all smoked-salmon filling ingredients in food processor until smooth.Make Watercress Filling::
2. Process all watercress filling ingredients in food processor until well combined.
3. Lightly spread one side of all bread slices with butter. Spread 1 generous tablespoon of the salmon filling on each of 10 slices whole wheat bread. Spread 1 tablespoon of the watercress filling on each of 10 slices white bread.Stack two salmon slices with two watercress slices, alternating salmon and watercress slices; top with 1 whole wheat slice, buttered side down. Repeat, making 5 sandwich stacks.
4. Wrap sandwiches in wax paper and arrange on cookie sheet. Place second cookie sheet on top to weight lightly. Refrigerate at least 1 hour or up to 24 hours. To serve, unwrap sandwiches, trim crusts and slice into 1/2-inch-wide strips. Arrange on trays. Makes 30 sandwiches.
- Fat, total(g)6,
- sat. fat(g)2,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet