These traditional Swiss cheeses in this Swiss fondue are a classic combination for fondue because they melt so smoothly. Be sure to swirl the cheese mixture with a fork a few times during the party to prevent it from separating from the wine.
- 1 cup dry white wine, divided
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove, pressed
- 2 cups grated Gruyere cheese
- 2 cups grated Emmentaler cheese
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
1. Combine 3/4 cup wine, lemon juice, and garlic in a medium heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat until bubbling. Reduce heat to low and gradually stir in cheeses, then continue to cook until cheeses melt, stirring frequently.
2. In a small bowl, blend cornstarch with remaining wine with a wire whisk until smooth. Stir into cheese mixture and continue to cook, stirring frequently, until mixture is thick, smooth and bubbling gently, 2 to 3 minutes more. Carefully transfer the mixture to a fondue pot, and keep warm over a fondue burner. Serve immediately with dipping ingredients of your choice.
- Servings Per Recipe 6
- Fat, total(g)23,
- sat. fat(g)14,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet