Yield: 2 cups Prep 15 mins Cook 15 mins
- 1 8 ounce medium baking potato, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 3 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup tarama (salted cod, carp, or mullet roe) or 1 jar (2 oz.) red lumpfish caviar
- 1/4 cup ground blanched almonds
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced red onion
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Pita wedges or Garlic Pita Chips (see Recipe Center)
1. Combine the potato chunks and cold water to cover in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook about 15 minutes or until very tender. Drain potatoes then transfer to a food mill or potato ricer. Force potatoes through the mill into a large mixing bowl.
2. Beat potatoes at high speed with the cream cheese, tarama, almonds, lemon juice, and onion until smooth. With mixer at low speed, gradually drizzle in the olive oil, beating constantly, until mixture is very smooth. Serve with pita wedges or Garlic Pita Chips. Makes 32 servings (2 cups).
- Servings Per Recipe 32
- Fat, total(g)5,
- sat. fat(g)1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet