Tomato and Gruyere Tartlets
Yield: 30 tartlets Prep 10 mins Bake 20 mins 425/350 degree F
- 15 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 2 - 2.1ounce packages frozen mini phyllo pastry shells*
- 12 ounces Gruyere cheese, cut into 30 3/4-inch cubes
- Fresh parsley leaves (optional)
1. Heat oven to 425 degree F. In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, oil, thyme, salt, and pepper and toss to coat. Turn tomatoes out onto a jelly-roll pan, cut-side up. Roast until tomatoes have softened and given up some of their juices, about 12 minutes. Let cool in pan 5 minutes.
2. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degree F. Arrange phyllo pastry shells on a large cookie sheet. Place a piece of cheese and a tomato half side by side in each pastry shell. Bake until the cheese is melted and bubbly, 5 to 8 minutes. Let cool about 3 minutes before serving. Top each tartlet with a parsley leaf, if desired. Serve hot. Makes 30 tartlets.
- Can be found in the freezer section of most supermarkets.
- Fat, total(g)5,
- sat. fat(g)2,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet