- 6 plum tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 6 large slices crusty Italian bread
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
1. Prepare grill or preheat broiler. Combine the tomatoes, oil, basil, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Grill or broil bread for 2 minutes or until golden on both sides, turning once. Immediately rub 1 side of bread with cut garlic, then top slices evenly with tomato mixture. Makes 6 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 6
- Fat, total(g)6,
- sat. fat(g)1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!