White Bean Hummus with Leeks and Mushrooms
Yield: 4-1/4 cups Prep 35 mins Start to Finish 35 mins
- 2 14 ounce cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup tahini (sesame-seed paste)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 leeks, white and light-green parts only, thinly sliced
- 10 ounces assorted mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves, plus more for garnish
1. In a food processor, combine beans, 1/3 cup oil, the tahini, juice, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; puree until smooth. Transfer to a platter.
2. In a large nonstick skillet, heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil and the butter over medium-high heat until melted; add leeks. Saute, stirring occasionally, until just golden, about 6 minutes. Add mushrooms and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; cook until mushrooms are softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in thyme.
3. Top hummus with mushroom-leek mixture and garnish with thyme, if desired. Serve at room temperature. Makes 4-1/4 cups.
- Fat, total(g)9,
- sat. fat(g)2,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!