Yield: about 2 cups Start to Finish 20 mins
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 2 large ripe Haas avocados, pitted and peeled
- Tortilla chips or toasted pita bread wedges (optional)
1. In a small bowl, combine diced tomatoes, onion, lime juice, fresh cilantro, garlic, salt, cayenne pepper, and cumin until well blended. In a separate bowl, coarsely mash avocados with a fork or potato masher. Stir in the tomato mixture. Serve with tortilla chips or toasted pita bread wedges, if desired. Makes about 2 cups.
- Fat, total(g)3,
- sat. fat(g)1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!