Artichokes and Lemon Caper Green Beans
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for serving
- 1 9 ounce package frozen artichokes, thawed
- 1 1 pound package trimmed haricovert green beans
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 - 2 teaspoons lemon juice
1. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add artichokes and cook, without turning, until golden brown on one side, about 4 min. Add beans, garlic and salt on top of artichokes; cover pan with lid or foil. Steam 3 to 5 min then gently toss everything together with zest and capers. Cook, covered, for 2 minutes more or until beans are crisp-tender.
2. Drizzle with lemon juice and extra olive oil to taste before serving.
- Servings Per Recipe 6
- Fat, total(g)9,
- sat. fat(g)1,
- Monosaturated fat(g)7,
- Polyunsaturated fat(g)1,
- vit. A(IU)583,
- vit. C(mg)13,
- Pyridoxine (Vit. B6)(mg)0,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!