- 1 lemon
- 1 15 ounce can cannellini or white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 large slices sourdough bread, 1/2 inch thick
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced prosciutto or smoked ham
- 8 large arugula leaves
1. Heat a grill pan over medium heat.
2. Meanwhile, grate enough lemon peel to equal 1/2 teaspoon; squeeze 1 tablespoon juice. Combine with beans, onion, 1 tablespoon of the oil, the garlic, salt, and pepper in bowl.
3. Grill bread slices until toasted, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Place on plates. Drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Top each slice with prosciutto, arugula, and bean mixture. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)13,
- sat. fat(g)2,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet