Beef Tostadas with Mango-Cucumber Salad
- 6 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 mangoes, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 2 cucumbers, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 8 corn tortillas
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted, and sliced
1. Whisk lime juice and honey in a medium bowl. Stir in mangoes, cucumbers, and cilantro. In a separate bowl, toss lettuce with vinegar.
2. Heat oven to 450 degree F. Brush tortillas with 2 teaspoons oil, place on a cookie sheet, and bake until crisp, 5 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook onion until translucent, 5 minutes. Add beef and garlic and cook until meat is no longer pink. Transfer to a bowl with a slotted spoon. Stir in salt, cayenne pepper, and cumin.
4. To serve, layer beef over two tortillas. Top with lettuce, avocado, and salad. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)44,
- sat. fat(g)13,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet