- 1 1/2 pounds 80-percent-lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 super size English muffins, split
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- 4 tomato slices
1. Divide beef into quarters. Shape each piece into a 3/4-inch-thick patty.
2. Prepare a covered grill for direct grilling. Combine salt and pepper in a cup; sprinkle over both sides of patties. Grill patties about 15 minutes, turning every 4 minutes until an instant-read meat thermometer inserted in the side of each burger registers 160 degrees F.
3. While burgers are cooking, grill muffins, cut side down, for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes, until toasted. Rub garlic on toasted side, then brush each half with oil.
4. Place basil leaves on bottom halves of muffins. Top with burgers, tomato slices and top halves of muffins. Makes 4 servings.
- Flipping patties frequently while grilling results in moist, char-free burgers.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)32,
- sat. fat(g)11,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!