Brisket with Fruit and Red Wine Sauce
- 1 2 1/2pound beef brisket
- 1/2 cup dried pitted plums
- 1/2 cup dried apricot halves
- 1/2 cup dried tart red cherries
- 1 garlic clove, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves, plus sprigs for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1. Rinse brisket and pat dry. Place in a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker. Top with plums, apricots, cherries and garlic.
2. Stir together broth, wine, thyme, cinnamon, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Whisk in flour until smooth. Pour over fruit mixture in cooker. Cover and cook 9 to 10 hours on low.
3. Thinly slice beef against the grain and serve with fruit sauce. Garnish with thyme sprigs, if desired.
- Servings Per Recipe 6
- Fat, total(g)15,
- sat. fat(g)6,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!