- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 finely chopped green onions
- 1 cup finely chopped onions
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red pepper sauce
1. Melt butter in medium skillet over medium heat. Add green onions, onions, green pepper, celery, and garlic; cook until softened. Stir in salt, cumin, ground pepper, ground red pepper, nutmeg, and bay leaves and cook 1 minute. Stir in ketchup and half-and-half and simmer 2 minutes. Cool. Remove bay leaves.
2. Heat oven to 350 degree F. Combine ground beef, ground pork, eggs lightly beaten, worcestershire sauce, and red pepper sauce in large bowl. Stir vegetable mixture into meat mixture until well blended.
3. Spoon mixture evenly into 9x5-inch loaf pan. Bake 70 minutes until meat thermometer inserted in center registers 160 degree F. Cool in pan on wire rack 15 minutes. Drain and unmold onto serving platter. Makes 6 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 6
- Fat, total(g)37,
- sat. fat(g)16,
- Monosaturated fat(g)16,
- Polyunsaturated fat(g)3,
- vit. A(IU)680,
- vit. C(mg)17,
- Pyridoxine (Vit. B6)(mg)0,
- Cobalamin (Vit. B12)(µg)2,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!