Flank Steak with Cucumber-Pepper Relish
- 1 large garlic clove
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/4 pounds flank steak, 3/4-inch thick
- 1 1/2 cups diced English cucumber
- 2 large sweet red peppers, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2/3 cup finely chopped white onion
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro
- 1 medium garlic clove, pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
1. Heat oven to 350 degree F.
2. Chop the garlic and salt on a board to create a paste. Combine with pepper and rub over both sides of steak. Cut steak into 4 equal-size pieces.
3. To make relish, combine cucumber, red pepepr, onion, lime juice, honey, cilantro, medium clove of garlic and salt. Set aside.
4. Heat oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over high heat; add steak and cook 1 minute per side until browned. Transfer to oven and cook 5 to 6 minutes until an instant-read thermometer registers 135 degree F for medium rare. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing. Serve with relish. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)16,
- sat. fat(g)6,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!