- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 6 ounce package sliced portobello mushrooms, chopped
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3/4 pound lean ground beef
- 3/4 pound ground veal
- 2/3 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped carrot
- 2 teaspoons coarse grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Line a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with foil; lightly coat foil with vegetable cooking spray. Heat oil in a 12-inch skillet over high heat; add onions and mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, 6 to 7 minutes, until mushroom liquid has evaporated and mushrooms are browned. Cool.
3. Toss onion mixture with remaining ingredients lightly with fingertips in a large bowl. Shape mixture into a 9x4-inch loaf in pan. Cover with foil; bake 30 minutes. Uncover meatloaf and bake 25 to 30 minutes more, until an instant-read meat thermometer inserted in center registers 160 degree F. Let meatloaf stand in pan 5 minutes. Remove from pan with a large spatula and transfer to serving platter. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)23,
- sat. fat(g)8,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!