Grilled Seasoned Strip Steaks with Herbed Salsa
We made our seasoned salt with ground cumin to enhance the steaks flavor.
- 4 1 inch thick strip steaks (10 oz. each)
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 firm ripe mango, peeled and pitted
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallot or onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
1. Pat steak dry and put on a plate. Stir together 1 teaspoon cumin and 1/2 teaspoon salt, and sprinkle on steak to coat. Let steak sit at room temperature for 15 minutes.
2. Finely chop enough of mango to measure 1/2 cup. Whisk together juice, cilantro, shallot, oregano, garlic, oil, and remaining 1 teaspoon cumin and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Stir in mango. Reserve salsa.
3. Preheat grill. Grill steaks on a lightly oiled rack, uncovered, over moderately high heat, turning once, for 8 to 10 minutes total for medium rare. Let stand 10 minutes.
4. Serve steaks topped with salsa. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- sat. fat(g)19,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet