Grilled Steak with Chile Sauce
- 4 large cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo with 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 2 pound beef top round steak (1-3/4 inch thick)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
1. To pan-roast garlic, add garlic to a small, heavy skillet over medium heat. Cover and cook 5 minutes, turning cloves once. Uncover; cook 3 to 5 minutes more, turning occasionally, until skins are lightly charred and cloves can be easily pierced with a knife. Let stand until cool, then peel.
2. Finely chop garlic and chiles; transfer mixture to a cup. Stir in adobo sauce, lime juice and honey.
3. Brush 1 teaspoon of the oil and sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon of the salt on each side of steak. Heat a large (10-inch) grill-pan skillet over medium-high heat, 2 minutes. Arrange steak in pan; spoon half of chile mixture over top. Grill steak 5 to 7 minutes, turn and spread remaining chile mixture on top of steak; grill 5 to 7 minutes. Add broth to skillet; reduce heat to medium. Turn steak and grill 5 to 10 minutes more, until an instant-read meat thermometer inserted in center of steak registers 140 degrees F for medium-rare. Transfer steak to a cutting board; let stand 5 minutes. Thinly slice; serve with pan sauce. Makes 6 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 6
- Fat, total(g)16,
- sat. fat(g)6,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!