Herb-Coated Eye Round Roast
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/3 cup packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/3 cup packed fresh parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 2 1/2 - 3 pound eye round beef roast
- Baked sliced sweet potatoes (optional)
1. For the herb past, toast cumin in small skillet over low heat until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer cumin to blender. Add cilantro, parsley, 1/4 cup olive oil, garlic, ginger, salt and pepper.
2. Heat oven to 350 degree F. Brush a 13x9x2-inch roasting pan with 2 teaspoons olive oil.
3. Rub herb paste over entire roast. Place roast in prepared pan. Insert an ovenproof-dial meat thermometer so tip is centered in thickest part of roast. (This thermometer will remain in the roast during the entire roasting time.) Roast 1 hour to 1 hour 20 minutes, or until temperature registers 145 degree F for medium-rare. (If using an instant-read thermometer, insert the metal shaft into the center of the roast. Let stand 20 seconds, then remove.) Cover roast loosely with foil; let stand 10 to 15 minutes before slicing. Serve with sweet potatoes, if desired. Makes 6 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 6
- Fat, total(g)27,
- sat. fat(g)8,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet