Herb Grilled Steak
- 1 lime
- 1/2 cup butter, softened (no substitutes)
- 6 green onions, divided
- 2 tablespoons herbes de Provence
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 5 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound boneless beef sirloin steak (1 to 1-1/2-inches thick)
1. Finely grate peel from lime. Cut lime in half and strain juice into a bowl with peel. Using a fork, mash butter with lime peel and juice until thoroughly combined. Wrap butter mixture in plastic wrap and form into a 1-inch-thick log about 5 inches long, twisting ends to close. Chill until firm.
2. Finely chop 2 of the onions and combine with herbes de Provence, thyme, salt and pepper in a small bowl; set aside. Brush remaining onions with 1 teaspoon of oil on both sides of steak, then rub on herb mixture.
3. In a grill pan, heat remaining oil over medium heat. Grill steak 7 to 9 minutes per side, until meat thermometer inserted in the steak reaches 145 degree F for medium doneness. Add onions the last 4 minutes of grilling, turning once. Let steak rest 5 minutes before slicing. Top each serving with 1/4-inch-thick slice of lime butter. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)15,
- sat. fat(g)6,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!