Korean Barbecued Meatballs
Yield: 20 appetizers Prep 30 mins Chill 1 hr Grill 10 mins
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/3 cup minced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1. Combine the beef, green onions, chopped onion, soy sauce, sesame seeds, sugar, and oil in a medium bowl. Shape meat mixture into 1-inch balls. Transfer meatballs to a 15x10x1-inch jelly-roll pan; cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
2. Meanwhile, soak 20 wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes. Prepare grill or preheat broiler. Thread 2 meatballs on each skewer, then grill over medium coals for 5 to 6 minutes per side or until meatballs are no longer pink. Serve immediately. Makes 20 appetizers.
- Fat, total(g)4,
- sat. fat(g)1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet