Marinated Flank Steak
- 1 1 1/2 - 2 pound flank steak
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh rosemary or 1 tablespoon dried, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh marjoram or 1 teaspoon dried, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried, crumbled
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus additional for grill pan
1. Trim fat from steak and place steak in a shallow dish. Stir together rosemary, marjoram, oregano, garlic, paprika, salt, and peppers in a small bowl. Stir in the oil until combined.
2. Spoon herb mixture evenly over both sides of steak, rubbing in. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator 1 hour or up to 24 hours.
3. Preheat grill pan over moderately high heat. Lightly coat pan with oil and place steak in pan. Grill, turning once, until a meat thermometer inserted into center of steak registers 125 degree F for medium rare, 10 to 12 minutes.
4. Transfer to a cutting board. Cover and let stand 10 minutes before cutting, across the grain, into very thin slices. Makes 8 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 8
- Fat, total(g)11,
- sat. fat(g)3,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet