Marinated Grilled Steak
- 5 large cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- 1 2 pound beef top round steak (about 1-1/2 inches thick)
- Fresh parsley sprigs, for garnish
1. Combine all ingredients except steak and parsley in a shallow baking dish. Add steak, turn several times. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator 30 minutes or up to 24 hours.
2. Heat grill.
3. Remove steak from marinade, letting excess marinade and garlic drip back into pan. (Do not discard marinade.) Grill steak 6 minutes, turn and brush with some of marinade and pieces of garlic. Grill 5 minutes. Turn steak again and grill 3 to 6 minutes more, until an instant-read thermometer reaches 140 degrees F when inserted in center of steak for medium-rare. Transfer steak to cutting board, let stand 5 minutes before slicing. Garnish with parsley if desired. Makes 8 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 8
- Fat, total(g)13,
- sat. fat(g)4,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!