Marinated Skirt Steak Topped with Salad
- 2 1/2 pounds skirt steak
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 5 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil plus additional for brushing
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 7 cups assorted lettuces
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup capers
1. Rinse and pat meat dry. Combine garlic, 3 tablespoons vinegar, and 1 tablespoon oil in a resealable plastic bag, seasoning with salt and pepper. Add beef and seal bag. Shake and rub bag to distribute marinade evenly. Let stand at room temperature 20 minutes.
2. Whisk together mustard and remaining 2 tablespoons vinegar in a small bowl. Salt and pepper to taste. Add remaining 5 tablespoons oil in a slow stream, whisking until thickened and emulsified. Combine lettuce, tomatoes, and capers in another bowl.
3. Preheat grill about 5 minutes. Cook steaks on a lightly oiled rack over high heat, turning once, until medium rare, about 5 minutes, depending on thickness. Transfer to a plate and let stand 10 minutes. Meanwhile, drizzle vinaigrette over salad, tossing to combine.
4. Cut steak into slices and serve topped with salad. Makes 8 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 8
- Fat, total(g)20,
- sat. fat(g)6,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!