- 4 hamburger buns or rolls, split
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 small garlic clove, finely minced
- 2 teaspoons jarred capers, rinsed, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound ground sirloin
- 1/2 a medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped roasted red bell pepper (from a 12-ounce jar)
- 3 tablespoons plain bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus additional for grill
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon red wine or sherry vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 slices provolone
- 5 artichoke hearts (from a 14-oz. can), drained and thinly sliced
- 1 cup (1 ounce) arugula
1. Preheat grill to gill pan to moderate heat. Grill rolls, cut side down, until just golden, about 1 minute; set aside.
2. Combine mayonnaise, garlic, capers, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl. Cover and set aside.
3. Using hands, gently mix sirloin, onion, roasted pepper, bread crumbs, oil, bail, oregano, vinegar, rosemary, salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a medium bowl until just combined. Shape into 4 (1 inch thick) patties.
4. Lightly oil grill rack or pan. Grill burgers, turning once, about 8 minutes for medium well. Just before removing from grill, top each burger with 1 slice of cheese and heat until slightly melted.
5. Spread a heaping tablespoon mayonnaise mixture on bottom half of each bun. Layer with artichoke slices, burger and arugula; cover with top half of bun. Serve immediately.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)60,
- sat. fat(g)16,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet