Mels Cheddar Burgers with Fries
- 1 1/2 pounds baking potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1/2-inch-thick wedges
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1/2 cup (2 oz.) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 4 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 4 hamburger rolls
- 8 pickle slices (optional)
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 4 Boston or iceberg lettuce leaves
- 4 teaspoons ketchup
DirectionsMake oven fries::
1. Heat oven to 450 degree F. Toss potato wedges with oil. Arrange in a single layer on a large jelly-roll pan. Bake 10 minutes; turn potatoes with spatula and bake 15 to 20 minutes more, until golden brown. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.Make Cheddar Burgers::
2. Meanwhile, lightly mix beef, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper and red pepper in bowl. Shape beef mixture into four 1/2-inch-thick patties.
3. Heat a large grill pan over medium-high heat. Brush pan with oil. Cook patties 7 minutes per side, until meat thermometer inserted in center of one patty reaches 160 degrees F for medium. Remove pan from heat; divide and top each burger with cheese. Cover pan 2 minutes until cheese melts.
4. Spread 1 teaspoon of mayonnaise on bottom half of each roll; place burgers on rolls. Top each with 2 pickle slices, if desired, onion slices, tomato, and lettuce. Spread 1 teaspoon ketchup on top half of each roll; place on tops of burgers. Serve with oven fries. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)31,
- sat. fat(g)11,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!