Mexican Beef and Vegetables
- 3/4 pound lean ground chuck
- 3 cups peeled and cubed butternut squash
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 10 ounce can diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Flour tortillas, (optional)
1. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat 1 minute. Add beef, squash, garlic, cumin, salt and cinnamon. Cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until beef is cooked through.
2. Stir in tomatoes and green chilies; bring to a boil. Cover skillet, reduce heat and simmer 8 minutes or until squash is just tender. Stir in zucchini and 1/4 cup water. Cover and simmer 4 minutes more or until zucchini is tender. Stir in cilantro. Serve with flour tortillas, if desired. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)18,
- sat. fat(g)7,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!