Mini Meatloaves with Tomato Sauce
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 3/4 pounds unseasoned meatloaf mix (equal amounts of ground pork, veal, and beef) or ground round
- 2/3 cup prepared marinara sauce
- 2/3 cup fresh bread crumbs (2 slices)
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Additonal warm marinara sauce (optional)
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook 5 minutes, until lightly browned; cool. Combine onions, meats, the 2/3 cup sauce, the bread crumbs, egg, parsley, garlic, salt, and pepper in large bowl, tossing meatloaf mixture lightly with fingertips.
3. Divide mixture between six ungreased 4-inch (1-cup) individual fluted cake mold pans or one 8-1/2x4-1/2-inch loaf pan. Arrange pans on large jelly-roll pan. Bake 30 minutes (loaf pan: 60 to 70 minutes), until meat thermometer inserted into center of meat-loaves reaches 160 degrees F. Remove pans from oven and immediately unmold onto jelly-roll pan. Serve with marinara sauce, if desired, and garnish with chopped parsley, if desired. Makes 6 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 6
- Fat, total(g)27,
- sat. fat(g)10,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!