Pepper-Steak Kebabs with Mango Salsa
- 2 tablespoons green peppercorns in brine, drained
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak pounded 1/2 inch thick
- 2 ripe mangoes, peeled and diced
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons minced green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 - 4 lemons, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Metal skewers
1. Finely chop green peppercorns; transfer to bowl. Stir in black pepper and salt. Rub mixture on both sides of steak. Cover and marinate in the refrigerate, 1 hour.
2. Meanwhile, prepare grill according to manufacturer's instructions for direct grilling. Remove steak from refrigerator 20 minutes before grilling.
3. For the mango salsa, combine the mango, red onion, green pepper, red pepper, sugar, vinegar, and 1/8 teaspoon salt in medium bowl.
4. Slice steak into 1-1/2x2-inch pieces. Alternately thread 2 or 3 pieces each of steak and lemon wedges on each of 6 skewers. Brush steak with oil. Grill, 5 to 6 minutes per side, until evenly charred. Serve with mango salsa. Makes 6 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 6
- Fat, total(g)16,
- sat. fat(g)5,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!