Pigs in a Blanket
- 1 puff pastry sheet (from 17.3-oz. box), thawed if frozen
- Flour, for dough
- 28 (6-inch) bamboo skewers, soaked in water 30 minutes
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 12 ounce package cocktail beef franks, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 1/2 cups honey mustard
1. Unfold pastry on a lightly floured surface. Using a floured rolling pin, roll out to 12 by 12-/14 inches. From the 12-inch side, cut pastry into 4 (3-inch-wide) strips. From the 12-1/4-inch side, cut into 7 (1-3/4-inch-wide) strips to create 28 small rectangles.
2. Preheat oven to 425 degree F and arrange racks in upper and lower thirds of oven. Drain skewers and spread cornmeal out on a plate. Brush tops of pastry strips with egg. Roll 1 frank in 1 strip, pressing edge with fingers to seal while leaving both ends of frank exposed. Push skewer through one end of frank. Brush outside of pastry with egg and roll in cornmeal, coating evenly. Repeat with remaining strips, franks, egg, and cornmeal. Arrange, as coated, on 2 large baking sheets, placing at least 1/2 inch apart.
3. Bake franks, turning and switching pans halfway through, until golden brown, about 12 minutes. Transfer on pans to racks and cool slightly. Serve warm with honey mustard for dipping. Makes 12 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 12
- Fat, total(g)8,
- sat. fat(g)2,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet