Roast Beef, Peperonata and Boursin Twin Rolls
Spread rolls with soft cheese, then top with roast beef, a red pepper mixture, and fresh basil for a savory sandwich that's filling enough for dinner.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 red bell peppers, stemmed, seeded and chopped, about 2-1/3 cups
- 1 medium onion, chopped, about 1-3/4 cups
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 6 small seeded rolls (3 inches in diameter)
- 6 ounces Boursin cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 pound sliced rare roast beef
- 1/4 cup packed fresh basil leaves
1. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking; cook peppers and onion, stirring until golden brown, about 7 minutes. Remove skillet from heat and stir in balsamic vinegar. Season mixture with salt and pepper and cool to room temperature.
2. Split rolls and spread bottom halves evenly with Boursin. Top with roast beef, peperonata, basil, and remaining top halves of rolls.
- Servings Per Recipe 6
- Fat, total(g)23,
- sat. fat(g)10,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet