- 2 cloves garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 pounds top round or flank steak, cut 1-inch thick
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Lime wedges, for garnish
1. Chop garlic and salt together on cutting board; press with side of large knife to form a paste. Rub paste on both sides of steak.
2. For the spice rub, combine cumin, chili powder, oregano, and ground red pepper in bowl. Pat onto both sides of steak.
3. Oil and heat grill. Grill steak 8 to 9 minutes per side for medium-rare, or until desired doneness. Transfer to cutting board. Let stand 5 minutes. Slice and garnish with lime wedges. Makes 6 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 6
- Fat, total(g)8,
- sat. fat(g)3,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet