Southwest Taco Dip
Yield: 7 cups Prep 15 mins Cook 9 mins
- 2 15 ounce cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 pound lean ground beef or turkey
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup prepared salsa
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 8 ounce container dairy sour cream
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pit removed, and finely chopped
- 2 plum tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Tortilla chips
1. Combine the beans, ground beef or turkey, onion, and chili powder in a shallow 2 quart microwave-proof dish. Cover with wax paper and microwave on high (100 percent power) about 8 minutes or until meat is cooked through, stirring to mash beans and break up meat every 3 minutes. Drain off fat, if needed.
2. Stir in the salsa and sprinkle with cheese. Microwave on high (100 percent power) for 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Meanwhile, combine the sour cream, cilantro, salt, and pepper.
3. Spread sour cream mixture on top of hot bean-meat mixture. Sprinkle with the avocado, tomatoes, and green onions. Serve warm with tortilla chips. Makes 112 servings (7 cups).
- Servings Per Recipe 112
- Fat, total(g)2,
- sat. fat(g)1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet