Spaghetti with Cincinnati-Style Marinara
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 14 ounce jar marinara sauce
- 1 19 ounce can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 pound dried spaghetti, cooked according to package directions and drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook for 3 minutes. Add ground beef, chili powder, and cinnamon. Cook, stirring, until meat is browned, about 5 minutes. Stir in marinara sauce and kidney beans; bring to boil.
2. Toss sauce with hot pasta in large serving bowl. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Makes 6 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 6
- Fat, total(g)32,
- sat. fat(g)13,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!