- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 1 1/2pounds flank steaks
1. For spice rub, combine all ingredients except meat in a small bowl. Rub mixture on both sides of each steak. Cover and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
2. Heat and oil grill or grill pan. Lightly rinse the steaks to remove excess rub. Pat dry. Grill 6 to 8 minutes per side or until an instant-read meat thermometer registers 145 degree F for medium-rare when inserted into the thickest portion of each steak. Let steaks rest 5 minutes before cutting. Slice steaks thinly across the grain. Makes 8 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 8
- Fat, total(g)17,
- sat. fat(g)7,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!