Steak Salad with Blue-Cheese Dressing
This 30-minute dinner tosses deli roast beef with lettuce, pecans, and red onions for an easy dinner salad that will fill you up.
- 3/4 cup buttermilk, well shaken
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon Tabasco
- 1 3/4pound piece rare roast beef from the deli section
- 4 small heads Bibb lettuce, halved lengthwise, or 2 small heads Boston, quartered lengthwise
- 1/4 cup toasted pecan halves, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced red onion
1. Stir together buttermilk, blue cheese, Worcestershire, and Tabasco in a small bowl; salt and pepper to taste.
2. Cut roast beef crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices and divide with lettuce evenly among 4 serving plates. Drizzle with dressing and sprinkle with pecans and onions. Serve immediately. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)11,
- sat. fat(g)4,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet