- 2 1 1/4 - 1 1/2pounds T-bone steaks, 1-1/2 inches thick
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
DirectionsHeat grill for direct grilling. For charcoal::
1. Build a pile of briquettes on bottom grate. Ignite and burn briquettes 25 to 30 minutes, until coals are covered with a light coating of gray ash. Spread coals evenly across grate; cover with top cooking grate and heat grate 10 to 15 minutes. For gas: Heat all burners on High 10 to 15 minutes.
2. Brush each side of steaks with 1/2 teaspoon oil. Combine salt and pepper in cup; sprinkle over both sides of each steak.
3. Arrange steaks in center of cooking grate; close lid and grill steaks 5 minutes. Turn steaks then close lid and grill 4 minutes more or until meat thermometer inserted into thickest side of steak registers 140 degrees F for medium-rare doneness. Transfer steaks to 2 large plates; let stand 5 minutes (the temperature will increase to 145 degrees F for medium rate). Serve with baked potato and salad, if desired. Makes 2 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 2
- Fat, total(g)83,
- sat. fat(g)32,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!