- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package (16 oz.) prepared plain polenta, cut into 8 equal slices
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 pound lean ground beef
- 1 jar (14 oz.) Newman's Own Roasted Garlic Salsa
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, drained and rinsed
- Shredded lettuce, for garnish
1. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle polenta with salt and pepper. Add to skillet and cook 3 minutes per side, until lightly browned and crisp. Transfer to plate; keep warm
2. Add beef to skillet. Cook 3 minutes, until no longer pink, drain. Add salsa and drained beans; cook 5 minutes more, until heated through.
3. Arrange 2 slices polenta on each of four serving plates. Divide and top with beef mixture. Garnish with lettuce, if desired. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)17,
- sat. fat(g)6,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!