Teriyaki Beef and Lettuce Wraps
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 2 large carrots, shredded
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 4 tablespoons rice wine vinegar, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 4 tablespoons Kikkoman Roasted Garlic Teriyaki Marinade and Sauce, divided
- 1 - 2 red Thai chilies or 1 jalapeno chile, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon water
1. Core lettuce. Carefully remove at least 8 whole leaves; set aside. Slice enough of remaining lettuce to equal 1 cup. Toss sliced lettuce, carrots, pepper, 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar and salt in bowl.
2. Toss beef with 3 tablespoons roasted-garlic teriyaki sauce in medium bowl. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Shape beef into 1/2-inch pieces. Add half the pieces to skillet. Cook, turning, until browned on all sides, 3 minutes; transfer to bowl. Repeat with remaining beef.
3. Return beef to skillet; add chilies, water, and remaining 1 tablespoon each vinegar and teriyaki sauce. Bring to a simmer; cover and cook 3 minutes.
4. Spoon beef and vegetable mixture into lettuce leaves. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)20,
- sat. fat(g)8,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!