White and Green Chili
For this 30-minute dinner, you use convenient meat loaf mix (a mixture of ground beef, pork, and veal) and prepared green salsa to make a hearty chili.
- 1 pound unseasoned meat loaf mix (1/3 pound each ground veal, pork, and beef) or ground beef round
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 15 ounce can great Northern or white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 14 ounce can chicken broth
- 1 16 ounce jar prepared green salsa
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 1/2 cup dairy sour cream (optional)
1. Heat a large Dutch oven over high heat. Add meat loaf mix and onion; cook, breaking up meat with a spoon, for 5 minutes, until no longer pink. Drain any fat. Add beans, broth, salsa and cumin. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
2. Stir in 3 tablespoons cilantro. Divide among 4 serving bowls. Top each serving with sour cream and garnish with remaining 1 tablespoon cilantro.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)21,
- sat. fat(g)9,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet