White and Green Chili
- 1 pound unseasoned meat loaf mix (1/3 pound each ground veal, pork, and beef) or ground beef round
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 15 ounce can great Northern or white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 14 ounce can chicken broth
- 1 16 ounce jar prepared green salsa
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 1/2 cup dairy sour cream (optional)
1. Heat a large Dutch oven over high heat. Add meat loaf mix and onion; cook, breaking up meat with a spoon, for 5 minutes, until no longer pink. Drain any fat. Add beans, broth, salsa and cumin. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
2. Stir in 3 tablespoons cilantro. Divide among 4 serving bowls. Top each serving with sour cream and garnish with remaining 1 tablespoon cilantro.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)21,
- sat. fat(g)9,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!