Yield: 8 scones Prep 20 mins Bake 400°F 20 mins
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cut up
- 1 1/2 cups mixed fresh Bing and Rainier cherries, pitted and quartered
- 1/2 cup dried tart cherries, chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
1. Heat oven to 400 degree F. Grease a large cookie sheet.
2. Combine flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in fresh and dried cherries. Beat eggs, milk, vanilla, and peel in bowl. Stir into flour mixture just until blended. (Dough will be moist and sticky.) Gather into a ball. Gently knead on a lightly floured surface 3 times until smooth.
3. Transfer dough to center of prepared cookie sheet; press into an 8-inch circle. Cut circle into 8 wedges with floured knife. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Makes 8 scones.
- Fat, total(g)15,
- sat. fat(g)8,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!