Yield: 12 biscuits Prep 15 mins Bake 375°F 25 mins to 30 mins Start to Finish 55 mins
- 4 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for work surface
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, cut up
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and salt. Using a pastry blender or two knives, cut in butter until mixture resembles small peas. In a medium bowl, whisk together buttermilk, ricotta and dill; stir into flour mixture. On a lightly floured surface with floured hands, pat out dough to 1-inch thickness.
2. Using a 3-inch biscuit cutter, cut out biscuits. Push together dough scraps and shape into more biscuits. Place biscuits, 1 inch apart, on a baking sheet.
3. Bake until puffed and golden, 25 to 30 minutes. Transfer sheet to a wire rack and let cool slightly. Serve warm. Makes 12 biscuits.
- Fat, total(g)11,
- sat. fat(g)7,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!