Lemon-Poppy Seed Mini Muffins
Yield: 36 muffins Prep 15 mins Bake 12 mins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter, cut up
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease 36 mini (1-3/4-inch) muffin-pan cups. Combine flour, 3/4 cup of the sugar, the poppy seeds, lemon peel, baking powder, baking soda and salt in medium bowl.
2. With pastry blender or two knives, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk, yogurt, egg and vanilla just until dry ingredients are moistened. Spoon batter into prepared muffin-pan cups; sprinkle tops with remaining 1 tablespoon sugar.
3. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of muffins comes out clean. Unmold muffins and cool on wire racks. Makes 36.
- Fat, total(g)2,
- sat. fat(g)1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!