Low-Cal Buckwheat Pancakes
Yield: 12 pancakes Start to Finish 25 mins
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk or sour milk*
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup buckwheat flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Maple syrup
- Vegetable cooking spray
1. Whisk buttermilk, butter, and egg together in bowl until blended. Combine flours, soda, and salt in another bowl. Whisk buttermilk mixture into dry ingredients until just blended.
2. Heat large nonstick skillet or griddle over medium-high heat. Grease lightly with vegetable cooking spray. For each pancake, spoon scant 1/4 cup of the batter into skillet, spreading batter lightly with back of spoon. Cook until bubbles form on surface of pancakes, about 2 minutes. Turn pancakes over and cook 1 to 2 minutes more. Repeat with remaining batter. Serve with maple syrup. Makes 12 pancakes.
- To make 1-1/4 cups sour milk, place 4 teaspoons lemon juice or vinegar in a 2-cup glass measuring cup. Add enough milk to make 1-1/4 cups liquid; stir. Let the mixture stand for 5 minutes before using it in a recipe.
- Fat, total(g)4,
- sat. fat(g)2,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!