The Perfect Blueberry Muffin
Yield: 12 muffins Prep 10 mins Bake 375°F 30 mins plus cooling
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
1. Heat oven to 375 degree F. Line twelve 3-inch or fourteen 2-1/2-inch muffin-pan cups with paper liners.
2. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Beat butter and 1 cup sugar in a large mixer bowl at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add dry ingredients alternately with milk and vanilla, beginning and ending with dry ingredients, until batter is smooth.
3. Crush 1/2 cup berries and add to batter. Fold remaining berries into batter with rubber spatula. Divide and spoon batter into muffin-pan cups. Sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon sugar. Bake 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool muffins in pan 5 minutes, then remove from pans onto wire rack. Makes 12 muffins.
- To bake our muffins with the best summer berries well into winter, arrange unwashed fresh berries in a single layer 1/2 inch apart on cookie sheets; freeze until firm. Transfer to plastic freezer bags.
- Use paper liners to help retain the muffins' shape and to make them easy to remove from the pan.
- Fat, total(g)9,
- sat. fat(g)6,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet