Peppermint Cloud Brownies
Yield: 16 brownie squares Prep 18 mins Start to Finish 45 mins
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, plus more for pan
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 3/4 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup (2-1/2 oz) chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 1/3 cups mini marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons crushed peppermint sticks
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter an 8-inch square pan and line with a strip of parchment overhanging on two sides. Butter parchment; set aside.
2. In a saucepan, melt butter, chocolate and cocoa on low heat, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat and stir in sugar, eggs, flour, salt, nuts, milk and vanilla until combined.
3. Spread batter into prepared pan. Bake until just set, 20 min. Remove from oven, top with marshmallows and bake until marshmallows are puffed, another 5 min. Immediately sprinkle with peppermint. Cool in pan. Loosen edges and lift brownies from pan using parchment. Use a buttered knife to cut into squares. Store airtight up to 1 day. Makes 16 brownie squares.
- Store in a single layer in an airtight container. Freeze up to 2 months or store at room temperature up to 24 hours.
- Fat, total(g)12,
- sat. fat(g)6,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!