Yield: 12 bars Prep 20 mins Bake 350°F 45 mins
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup toasted and chopped macadamia nuts, divided
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate squares, chopped
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9-inch square baking pan with foil. Grease foil. Set aside.
2. Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Beat butter and sugar in large mixer bowl on medium-high speed 5 minutes, until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time, scraping side of bowl with a rubber spatula. Beat in vanilla. At low speed, gradually add flour mixture until combined. Stir in 1/3 cup of the nuts and the chocolate. Spread batter evenly into prepared pan. Sprinkle remaining nuts over top of batter. Bake 45 minutes, until top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack. Cut into 12 bars. Makes 12 servings.
Make Ahead Tip
- Cookies can be made ahead. Store in an airtight container 2 days at room temperature or freeze up to 1 month.
- Servings Per Recipe 12
- Fat, total(g)16,
- sat. fat(g)8,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!