Kitchen Cue: We used a Foodwriter edible marker to draw the eyes on our Ghostly Cakes. Both the fondant and marker can be purchased from Wilton Cake Decorating at www.wilton.com.
Yield: 8 cakes Prep 25 mins Start to Finish 25 mins
- 1 purchased frozen pound cake, thawed
- Confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- 1 24 ounce package ready-to-use white rolled fondant
- 1 11 ounce jar prepared lemon curd
- 1 6 ounce container fresh raspberries
1. Using a serrated knife, trim off top of pound cake to flatten, then halve cake horizontally. Place halves on a cutting board and, using a 1-inch biscuit cutter, cut out 24 rounds.
2. Dust a clean dry surface with confectioners' sugar and, using a rolling pin, roll out fondant until 1/16 inch thick. Using a 3-1/2-inch round fluted biscuit cutter, cut fondant into 24 rounds.
3. Top each piece of cake with a teaspoon of lemon curd, then a raspberry. Drape each with a round of fondant and, using an edible marker, draw 2 eyes on ghosts, if desired. Arrange cakes on a serving platter. Makes 8 cakes.
- Fat, total(g)11,
- sat. fat(g)5,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet