Ginger-Pineapple Upside-Down Cake
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted, divided
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 8 ounce cans pineapple slices in juice, drained
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup light molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg white
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly brush 9-inch round cake pan with some melted butter; reserve remaining butter. Sprinkle brown sugar over bottom of pan. Arrange 7 pineapple slices in a single layer on top (reserve remaining slice for another use).
2. Combine flour, granulated sugar, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon and salt in large bowl. Whisk together remaining butter, egg, egg white, milk, molasses and vanilla in small bowl.
3. Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients until blended. Pour into prepared pan. Bake 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Immediately invert cake onto serving platter; remove pan. Serve warm. Makes 12 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 12
- Fat, total(g)4,
- sat. fat(g)3,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!