Toffee Ice-Cream Layer Cake
- 1 cup (20 cookies) chocolate-wafer crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 quart premium coffee ice cream
- 3 1.4ounce bars chocolate-covered toffee candy, crushed or 1 bag (6 oz.) chocolate-covered toffee candy bits, divided
- 1 quart premium chocolate ice cream
- 12 chocolate-wafer cookies, broken up
- 1 quart premium vanilla ice cream
1. Heat oven to 350 degree F. Combine cookie crumbs and cinnamon in bowl. Stir in butter until crumbs are moistened. Press into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan. Bake 10 minutes. Cool.
2. Refrigerate coffee ice cream to soften slightly, 30 minutes. Quickly spread onto cooled crust and sprinkle with 2/3 cup of the toffee candy. Freeze until firm, 1 hour.
3. Refrigerate chocolate ice cream to soften slightly, 30 minutes. Quickly spread onto coffee layer and sprinkle top with broken chocolate wafers. Freeze 1 hour. Repeat, softening vanilla ice cream; spread on top of chocolate layer and sprinkle with remaining toffee candy. Cover and freeze overnight.
4. To serve, unwrap cake and refrigerate 20 minutes. Run a small sharp knife around edge of pan. Loosen side of pan and transfer cake to platter. Makes 12 servings.
Make Ahead Tip
- Prepare cake. Wrap and freeze up to 1 week.
- Servings Per Recipe 12
- Fat, total(g)34,
- sat. fat(g)16,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet