Warm Gingerbread Pudding
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup unsulfured molasses
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Vanilla ice cream
- Pure maple syrup
1. Heat oven to 375 degree F. Butter a shallow 2-quart baking dish; set aside.
2. Combine milk and cornmeal in large saucepan. Bring to boil, whisking. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring constantly, 5 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in molasses, flour, and seasonings; add egg yolks. Whisk in baking powder.
3. Beat egg whites in large bowl with electric mixer to soft peaks. Fold whites into cornmeal mixture. Pour into prepared dish. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until center is just set. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream and maple syrup. Makes 8 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 8
- Fat, total(g)5,
- sat. fat(g)2,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!